Monday, July 9, 2012

Discovering new foods

53...

I have tried to be pretty adventurous in trying new foods while in Asia.  If you knew me as a child, I think you would be shocked with the foods that leave my plate.  I was definitely a picky eater.  My travels to Europe and Asia have expanded my palate but have also helped me to always be willing to try at least one bite.

Things I never ate as a child but do now:
  • Tomatoes 
  • Potatoes, in any format other than thin french fries
  • Avocado
  • Red, yellow and orange peppers (still working on green)
  • Raw fish in "sushi rolls" - have yet to tackle sashimi
  • Oysters
  • Rice
  • Foi gras
  • Asian sauces
  • Chinese tea
  • Fried egg
  • Broccoli
  • ....and the list could go on.


And here are some of the items I've consumed which I would say are more on my exotic spectrum:


Tripe

Century Egg



Sea cucumber

Durian (I tried this a long time back :) )


Chicken feet (well, foot) - the before and after shots


Most recently, frog in Cambodia


I have not tried the fish head curry (including eyeball), pig organ soup, silk worms in a cup from Korea or other crazy insects.  I'm pretty confident I can do without these. :)

Have a great lunch!! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment