Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shakespeare in the Park

The Singapore Repertory Theater is/was putting on Macbeth at Fort Canning Park here in Singapore.  It's been since high school since I did anything Shakespeare related and needless to say, I haven't missed it a bit ;).
from the Singapore Repertory Theater website

That said, I had some intel from others who went last week that you did not need to be a Shakespeare lover to enjoy the performance.  So upon an invite from a co-worker, I gladly accepted.  I picked up sandwiches and some fruit for dessert.



I didn't snap the best pictures, but here are a few.  It was a really nice evening and the stage was at the bottom of a quite appropriately sloped hill.  We spread out our blanket and enjoyed the show.  I remembered a little bit about Macbeth, mainly the three witches/fates that came in and out of the story.  It was a more modern take - there were pistols and tennis shoes.  I could generally follow along.  They did a great job working with the outdoor stage.  I was curious as to how they would do it.  I would definitely go back for another production in the park!

Too bright for on-stage, but it gives you an idea of what they were working with.

Macbeth's wife, she's going crazy here and can't wash the blood from her hands.  Oh, and she's asleep.

A slightly crooked look at the three witches/fates.  They had the best costumes.  I wanna be one of them ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment