Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I do know when I'll be back though :).  I've updated my calendar a bit.  Today I head off to Antigua, Guatemala.  I'll be warm, maybe get a little tan and work on my Spanish.  I'll be there for a month, then I have three weeks for which I'm not quite sure yet what I'll do and then my last week is in Caye Caulker, Belize.

To be honest, I haven't planned much, other than booking my flights, getting someone to pick me up at the airport and book places to stay in Antigua and Caye Caulker. My guide books came Saturday and I think the first few days in Guatemala I'll be doing some reading and planning.  I know there are some beautiful lakes nearby, amazing markets, volcanoes to hike and Mayan ruins to visit.

I'm taking a few books and my sunscreen and the fitbit.  Hopefully I'll get a lot of relaxation while I wait the winter out.

If anyone needs a long weekend to Guatemala or Belize, you just let me know and I'll meet you at the airport :).

Antigua (courtesy of Wikipedia)




















Caye Caulker island (courtesy of ambergriscaye.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment