Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dinner in Santa Ana

Daniel and Paola, my hosts, took me and the other guest to Santa Ana last night for some local food. 

I had actually walked to this town one day to see the church. Not many tourists head this way :) and during the day, nothing much is going on. But at night, the food vendors come out. 

We ate at this lady's grill. I had a sandwich that sounded like 'boofalo'. I don't know exactly what was in it, but it was good. She was also making large, thin hamburgers. The fried eggs are for the burgers. Yum!


Across the way some kids were playing basketball. 

This is one of the other grills. Some tortillas, sausages and other meat. 

Here is Daniel and Paola with their son Oliver. The other lady is Carin, who is the other guest staying here too. 

My boofalo ;) - it was 15 quetzales (local currency) or about $2.25. I was stuffed!

No comments:

Post a Comment