Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Holidays

56... 

No fireworks here. Just a normal Wednesday. I don't think I've talked about holidays in Singapore before (and if I have, apologies). I like Singapore and the acceptance of everyone's differences without going to the politically correct extremes. I will miss this aspect of Singapore and probably cringe a few times after I move back to the States.

In Singapore there are generally eleven public holidays and these are split to represent the majority of people here. Three national days - independence day, labor day and new year's day. Two Christian days - Christmas and Good Friday. Two Chinese days - Chinese new year x2. Two Muslim days - Hari Raya Puasa and Hari Raya Haji. One Hindi day - Deepavali. One Buddhist day - Vesak day. So I don't get 4th of July or Thanksgiving off, but I get some other randoms that usually work into nice three and four day weekends.

Flew to Cambodia tonight and had a fun night out. We have an early sunrise tour planned so I am headed to bed shortly. A fun weekend to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment