Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 - A New Year

It's hard to believe that I'm about 2 1/3 years through my assignment here in Singapore.  I'm suppose to come home in like 8-9 months!  Three years sounded so long from the start and now it's flying by me.  I had a good friend move back just before the holidays and as he was preparing for the move, it really made me think about my time here as well and how quickly I'll find myself in pack-up mode.

I'm not really sure when it happened, but somewhere during these last 2+ years Singapore has become home.  I can already see some of the things I will miss (and not miss).  But as time winds down, I need to get in as much fun as I can.  Here's to my Singapore Bucket List...








1) Spend a full, sunny day at the infinity pool atop Marina Bay (thanks Ameer for the pic!)
2) Eat lots of good Asian food.  I need to try at least 3 new restaurants a month.
3) Go to the Bird Park
4) Hike Bukit Timah
5) Do the fish pedicure
6) Try foot reflexology (basically a foot massage that affects your whole body)
7) Ride a bike from East Coast Park to Changi Village
8) Go to two more shows at the Esplanade (theatre complex)
9) Night out at Butter Factory (and any other cool clubs I haven't yet attended)
10) KTV night out (private room karaoke)
**Subsequent Additions**
11) Fly in the wind tunnel

....I'm sure there's more that I can't think of right now.  Will have to add them as they come to mind.

This is without mention of my incomplete travel adventures.  That list is quite long and I won't be able to complete it.  Here's the places I haven't been yet, but are definitely still on the list.
  • India
  • Japan
  • Mongolia
  • Cambodia
  • Vietnam (south)
  • Laos
  • Sri Lanka
  • Australia (except Melbourne)
  • New Zealand
  • Philippines
  • Maldives
  • Bhutan
  • Any other tropical island nearby :) (i.e. within a 9 hour flight)
I suppose my New Year's resolution is to accomplish as many of these things as possible.  If any sound interesting, please come along!  I think I've got Mom committed to at least one more trip. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment